Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome Hockey Enthusiasts!


My name is Brian Dutton. I want to start by saying thank you for reading the first blog of a grassroots campaign to make the DC Metro area hockey community a better place to play! The goal here is clear and simple. I will advocate to get you what you need as well as what you want. I will communicate these needs, ideas and a rant or two about hockey in our area. Finally, I will educate everyone willing to listen by posting feedback, hosting interviews, asking questions and leveraging relationships. This is step one to my dream coming true. The ultimate goal is to start a New and Used Hockey Store in Arlington but first I need to build a network based on trust. I will prove that I am a force within our community to get things done. For example I am the coach of the DC Sled Sharks. www.dcsledsharkshockey.weebly.com I also plan to expand women's hockey, adult tournaments, and much more. I will leverage existing and new partnerships/relationship to expand the game of hockey in our area. Want to know the best way to get a hockey scholarship to an Ivy League School? The cheapest pick up game? The cost of building a basement rink? The closest tournament...for over 60? Stay tuned and spread the word. Post questions, ideas, or any feedback you have for me. Coming soon, every Monday and Thursday you will find something new and exciting in the world of NOVA hockey!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds great Brian!! Let me know when you are ready and I can donate some equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Let me know how I can help out! - Mark88

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Dutton! Looking forward to discussing Hockey and seeing your dream come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some gear to donate too Dutton! Lemmie know when it's time. If you build it... You know the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Job Brian! I'll help in anyway I can...although living in NYC, I'll help none hte less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good article on the issue of US interest (or lack there of) in Hockey:

    http://www.stanforddaily.com/cgi-bin/?p=1033433

    The final sentence is what is most relevant here:

    "what’s most important is for USA Hockey to do more to promote youth involvement in hockey across the country. If more people become involved in hockey, we will get both a better talent pool of American players and increased interest in all levels of hockey in our country."

    ReplyDelete