Monday, February 1, 2010

Indoor rink - Blog #1 - The plan


In between having a new born, adding an addition to my house and having the company I work for acquired, I am doing my best to take hockey to another level. As part of my new addition we had them dig down a new basement that will be unfinished and the "man room". There will be storage shelve and a work bench, all the things you need in a basement...even a poker table. The good news is I plan to build a roller hockey rink for the kids (or a shooting range for dad). So here's the rub. I will have approximately 15 feet wide by 16-18 feet long (depending where they stick the new HVAC). I will put in a few corners to get the feel of the rink but need to adjust to doorways, glass doors, shelves, low lighting etc as seen in my pics. My plan is to basically have a half rink functional enough to play a kids sized game. The boards will be 4 feet high with beer holders strategically placed. I already ordered the roller hockey tiles from a Michigan Craigslist ad. The goal is solid steel and I picked up the wood and started cutting just last night! Keep an eye out for my indoor rink blogs in the future. I will have step by step instructions, pics and commentary throughout the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment