Of course the 2 hockey tournaments I want to attend this year are both on the same weekend! So I have a choice:
Angel on the right shoulder says stay local and support a charity but need to set up my own team
Lil' devil on the left says join a team already set up and head to Atlantic City for the weekend
...sin wins. AC!
* Three Games Guaranteed * Awards for Champions and Runners-up * Tournament and Action Photos Available * No Spectator Fee!
Tournament Rules and Regulations:
It is the intent of Flyers Skate Zone (FYI...FLYERS SUCK) to provide a fun, competitive tournament for all participants and spectators. Good Sportsmanship is expected of all participants and spectators. Improper and abusive behavior will not be tolerated. It is the responsibility of each coach to control his team and exemplify good sportsmanship. All games are USA sanctioned and therefore governed by USA Hockey rules.
* Three Game Minimum * No ice resurfacing between periods * All games will be played to completion * Running time in the 3rd period if the goal differential is seven goals or more * Three 12 minute periods for Mite and Squirt. All others will play two 12 minute periods and one 15 minute period.
* This is a USA Hockey sanctioned tournament. All USA Hockey rules for penalties shall apply * Any player receiving four penalties in one game will be ejected from the game with no further suspension. * Fighting will not be tolerated, and will result in ejection from the tournament.
* USA Hockey rules will govern all tournament play. * All participants must be USA Hockey registered. * All teams must provide proof of USA Hockey Registration. (Individual member cards and T-1 forms)
Points and Tie Breakers:
Win(2 Points) Loss(0 Points) Tie(1 Point)
Tie Breaker will be as follows:
1. Winner of head to head game played between the two tied teams. This tie breaker does not apply if three teams are tied. 2. Best total goal differential quotient. Total goals scored divided by total goals against. 3. Least goals against. 4. Fewest penalty minutes.
Registration is now open for this tournament weekend. The price to play has not changed from last season. The team fee is $1,475.00.
Generally speaking, if a player splits a room for the weekend with another player, the fee will be around $200 each for the weekend (playing fees & 2 nights hotel with a roommate). That's a good deal!
Hotels. You are free to stay at the hotel or casino / hotel of your choosing. HNA has also arranged for special rates at two AC properties that are near the arena.
Ramada - Atlantic City West Tel: 609-646-5220 (Contact Name: Sam Patel) Rates: Fri $69 / Sat $69 + tax.
Comfort Inn & Suites (Formerly Baymont/Hampton) Tel: 609-484-1900 Rates: Dbl/Dbl Beds: Fri $69 / Sat $89 + Tax Ask for "Hockey North America Rate"
***For more information, contact Lance Rosenberg at 609-441-1780 x226***
Flyers Skate Zone at Atlantic City 501 North Albany Avenue Atlantic City, NJ 08401 Phone: 609-441-1780 Fax: 609-441-1794
*I stole all of this from multiple web sites including HNA.com and the rink site. Sue me...oh yeah and in case you missed it, I despise the Flyers. Go Caps!!
Welcome to my blog!! My goals usually change with the seasons so be prepared for all types of random-ness. This month I am gearing up for Fall and Winter. I like to update this blog as much as possible but usually you see posts around the hockey season. Once and awhile I'll throw out some thoughts just for fun. Feel free to reach out to me at anytime if there is anything I can do for you. Thanks for listening. -Coach Dutton